Friday, June 10, 2011

Strawberry Walnut Salad

DSCF5921
This was more than good, this my friends, was incredible. I feel in love the instant the combination of flavors hit my mouth. I enjoyed this dish as a simple side, but it can easily be turned into a meatless main course. First I candied some walnut haves in a bit of brown sugar and honey. Then I topped some fresh mixed green with sliced strawberries, goat cheese and the walnuts. The dressing was just a simple splash of balsamic vinegar. This salad is truly heaven on the plate.

What You Need: (Per side salad)
About 1 cup of mixed greens (I used a big handful)
3 or 4 strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/3 c candied walnuts  (click here for recipe)
1/4 c goat cheese crumbles (feta works too)
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
What To Do:
Pile the green on a plate and top with the strawberries, walnuts, and goat cheese. Drizzle the balsamic over the top and season with a bit of salt and pepper if you’d like. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner