Monday, June 27, 2011

Grilled Broccoli

DSCF5852

Those little green trees they call broccoli is a huge favorite in my house. You can find it on the supper table with most of my meals. It’s my go to veggie and it’s a good one. Broccoli has fibers and lots of vitamins and minerals. It can however be a little boring. I know a lot of people like to buy the kind that is smothered in cheese sauce and while I enjoy it, my waist line does not. I’ve made broccoli in lots of different ways from just plain steaming to roasting in the oven, but during the summer months I love to grill it. You need to use broccoli spears for this, cuts or florets will fall through your grill. You can find spears in the frozen veggie section with all of the “boxed” varieties. The broccoli takes on that wonderful smoky flavor that everyone associates with grilling. So the next time you through some chicken or steak on the grill, throw some broccoli spears on too! You’ll be in for a nice treat.

What You Need:

1 box broccoli spears
Veg oil
salt
pepper
garlic powder


What To Do:

Defrost the spears either in the sink or in the microwave and drain off any water. Place them in a bowl and toss with a bit of oil, a pinch of salt, some pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Place on your preheated grill over low to medium heat. Turn after a few minutes or when nice dark grills marks are present. Finish cooking through on the other side. Since these spears came from a box, they were already blanched and should be soft enough that you only need to heat them through and get a bit of color on them from the grill.  Another way I like to do it, is to brush on a bit of teriyaki sauce while grilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner