Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Garlic Scape Pesto

I joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) this year and it started up about two weeks ago now. It’s been slow going as the weather has been cooler and not great for growing yummy veggies. To make up some good baskets, the folks at Fitzgerald Family Farm helped out another local farm, Wooley Lot Farm and picked up this wonderful, curly grass looking things called garlic scapes. I had never heard of them before so I was glad a recipe was included on the flyer in my basket. They have a great garlic flavor and while they are pretty good grilled with some salt and pepper, I loved turning them into pesto. I served some on top of sliced steak and the flavor was incredible. It gave it a nice garlic bite without being too overpowering.

What You Need:

1/4 lb garlic scapes
1/2 c olive oil
1 c parmesan cheese
juice of 1/2 a lemon

What To Do:

Place everything but the oil into a food processor. Turn it on and while it’s running, stream in the olive oil. That’s it. Pretty simple and it goes great with just about any protein. I loved it on steak and chicken but have yet to try it on fish. If you do, please leave me a comment telling me how it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner