Monday, June 13, 2011

Mojo Pork Loin

DSCF5934
This is a really yummy supper and perfect for the summer months as it require little effort on your part and is pretty light for a dish that contains meat. Pork loin is marinated in citrus juices and spicy chipotles and adobo sauce, grilled, then sliced thin. I chose to put mine in warm corn tortillas but eating this by itself would be just as good. I topped mine with chipotle mayo and a few pieces of tomato. Shredded lettuce would be really yummy on here as well. I used just two chipotles in the marinade, but I think it really needs one or two more as it wasn’t as spicy as I’d like it to be.

What You Need


Pork Loin (2ish lbs)
Juice and zest of 2 each: lemons and limes
3-4 chipotles in adobo, minced
2 tbs adobo sauce from the chipotles
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tbs agave, honey or sugar
salt
3tbs olive oil


What To Do:

In a bowl whisk all the ingredients together except for the pork. Place the pork and the mariated in a shallow dish or in a zip top bag and put in the fridge. Let sit for at least 4 hours but I wouldn’t let it sit much more then 8 or so. The acid in the citrus juice could start to “cook” the pork. 30 minutes before cooking, remove the pork loin from the fridge and allow it start coming up to room temp. Preheat your grill. Once hot, sear the pork loin over high or direct heat for a few minutes on each side, before moving to low or indirect heat to finish cooking which could take another 10 minutes or so depending on how thick your loin is. I had a pretty thin one so it didn’t quite take 10 minutes to finish cooking. To test for doneness use a instant read meat thermometer in the thickest part. It should read between 140 and 145 or you can use the finger test which is what I do. When it starts to feel firm when I press it, I know it’s pretty much done. I don’t recommend doing this unless you know what it feels like. You can always test it with a meat thermometer and then press it so you get used to the feeling. Remove from the grill, cover loosely with foil and let rest for at least 5 minutes. While it’s resting I usually heat my tortilla by holding them over the flame on my stove top. You can also do this in a dry pan, flipping them when they start to brown on the bottom. Once the meat is rest, slice very thinly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner