Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Greek Chicken Sliders

DSCF5860

I’ve never made a burger before using ground chicken but I have to say that these were really yummy. I had some feta cheese I needed to use but I didn’t want to make a pasta salad and I didn’t have all the ingredients to make my favorite Mediterranean Salad so I started thinking of what I could do. I had taken some chicken out of the freezer for a completely different dish but when the idea came to me, to grind up the chicken and make burgers I knew I had a winner. These are very simple and they have some great flavor. I topped mine with tzatziki sauce for even more yumminess.


What You Need:

1 1/2 lb ground chicken
3/4 c crumbled feta cheese
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp dried oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper
veg oil


What To Do:

In a bowl, combine all the ingredients thoroughly, without over mixing it. Preheat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Shape into 6 sliders (or 8 smaller ones). Drizzle a little oil onto each side of the slider to help prevent sticking. Grill for a few minutes on each side or until cooked through completely. Serve on slider buns or mini hamburger rolls with tzatziki sauce.

Note: a little fresh mint, chopped would be good in these burgers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner