Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mexican Breakfast

DSCF6020
Nope, I’m not making huevos rancheros but I bet that’s what you thought you’d be getting right? Sorry to disappoint but this is so much better! Lots of leftovers often come with new ways to use them up. This way just happened to be a breakfast and I can not tell you how incredibly yummy it was! I ate it every morning for a week straight. I loved it so much that I want to make carnitas again, just so I can make this breakfast.

What You Need:


1 tsp butter or veg oil
1/2 c left over carnitas
1 large egg
1 corn tortilla, heated
1 tbs salsa verde
1/2 medium tomato, diced
shredded cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)

What To Do:


In a small sauté pan or your favorite egg pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the carnitas and heat briefly before creating a “hole” where the egg with sit. Crack your egg into the hole and cover with a lid. Let cook for a few minutes or until your desired doneness. You can also flip the whole thing over if you don’t like sunny side up eggs. Place your egg and carnitas on top of the warmed tortilla and drizzle with the salsa verde. Top with the tomato and devour.
It can be a bit spicy so I sometimes will add a bit of sour cream to the top as well. If you like cheese with your eggs, add a bit before removing your egg from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner