Monday, September 21, 2009

Cucumber Salad

Tangy and sweet plus easy to make. Its a great side for a summer picnic because it doesn't have any mayo in it. I love serving it with grilled chicken or bbq ribs. It's easily adaptable to become an Asian side as well by using rice wine vinegar and adding in a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds.

Ingredients:
2 large cucumbers, very thinly sliced
1 med onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 c apple cider vinegar (use rice wine for an asian take, can also regular vinegar)
1tbs oil
2 tbs sugar
a pinch of salt

Directions:
I liked using a mandolin to slice my cucumbers but a box grater works very well too.
Whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt and oil. Pour over the cucumbers and onion. Toss well. Refrigerate until using.

H A P P Y  C O O K I N G !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner