Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Grilled Beets

DSCF6043
In the very first basket I picked up from my CSA contained beets. I’ve never been a fan of beets. They always tasted like dirt to me. I’ve had a few people tell me I was nuts, that beets were sweet and I really needed to give them another chance. Turns out, they were right. I was nervous about trying beets again, but I know that as we age, our taste buds tend to change. Things we never liked before, we suddenly enjoy. I’ve had a few of those over the years. I used to never like mushrooms or blue cheese and now I love them. So I had to give beets another chance right? I peeled and sliced them, and onto the grill they went. I know I needed something to balance the sweetness of them and while I was thinking of giving them a drizzle of balsamic, hubby doesn’t care for it much so I used apple cider vinegar instead. I have to admit, they were amazing and I can’t wait to get more.

What You Need:


1 lb fresh beets, peeled and sliced no more then 1/4 inch thick
olive oil
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper

What To Do:


Preheat your gill on high. In a bowl, drizzle the sliced beets with a bit of oil, the vinegar, salt and pepper. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Place on the grill and grill for roughly three minutes on both sides or until they are marked and softened. Place the cooked beets back into the bowl with the oil and vinegar and give them a toss. Serve and enjoy the wonderfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner