Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This and That Cookies

I've made these cookies a number of times before, but this is the first time I've ever wrote one of the recipes down. I say "one of the recipes" because it changes every time, depending on what I put them. Sometimes I start with a basic sugar cookies dough, sometimes chocolate chip and sometimes peanut butter. This recipes starts with a peanut butter cookie recipe from the King Aurthur Cookie Companion. Then I open up my baking cabinet and see what I have kicking around. These cookies come out flat, kind of crispy and kind of chewy but totally delicious.

What You Need:

2 sticks of butter
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c agave
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tbs vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup nutella
1 cup oats
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup coconut
1/3 c white chocolate chips
1/3 c chocolate chips
1/3 c granola, plain or with raisins

What To Do:

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, agave, baking soda, salt and vanilla until fluffy. Add the eggs in one at a time until combined, and then mix in the nutella. In a small bowl, stir together the oats, flour, coconut, white and chocolate chips and the granola. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients until they are all mixed in. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. They will spread out quite a bit so make sure you leave plenty of room in between them. This makes 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner