Monday, March 7, 2011

Shrimp and Zucchini Stir Fry

I saw the idea for this dish not that long ago. I believe it was something Rachel Ray was doing but her's was a take on Shrimp Scampi. I have been trying to work in some healthy meals for my family and me. I love all the things that are bad for you, but when I made this dish, I really didn't miss any of it. Juicy shrimp, garlic, ginger, it's so good!

What You Need:

1tbs almond oil
1lb shrimp (I use the 30 count), peeled and de-viend
2 or 3 small zucchini
2 cloves garlic
1/2 inch piece of ginger
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 c white wine
salt and pepper
2 cups cooked brown rice


What To Do:

Grate the garlic cloves and ginger into 1/2 tbs of the almost oil and set aside. Slice the zucchini into thin coins and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat your wok over high heat until very very hot. Drizzle in half the oil, and add the shrimp so that it's mostly in a single layer. Season with a bit of salt and pepper and look cook for about a minute. Add in the remain 1 tbs of oil with the garlic and ginger and give a stir, then add in the zucchini. Continue cooking for another minute, then add in the lemon juice and white wine. Finish cooking, stirring often until the shrimp is cooked through. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner