Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pulled Pork Sammies

Pulled pork is one of my favorite things to eat. I could eat it every for weeks and not be tired of it. I've even put it into a quesadilla with cheddar cheese. I've made a few different version of it but none quite as good as a recipe my favorite aunt gave me just recently. Her secret? Beer, of course. Beer makes it better right? So with just this short introduction here is my Aunt Pammi's recipe for pulled pork.

What You Need:

5-6lb pork roast/shoulder
1/2 c ketchup
1/3 c apple cider vinegar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 slow cooker seasoning mix for bbq pulled pork
2 cans/bottles of your favorite beer

What To Do:

In the bottom of a slow cooker, combine everything but the pork shoulder, with a whisk until mixed well. If you can, cut the pork into a few pieces. This will help it cook a bit quicker and make it easier to shred. Cook on high for 6 hours. Remove the pork, and shred with two forks. Place back into the slow cooker and let cook on low for one or two more hours. Serve on hard rolls with cole slaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner