Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Ratatouille Flat Bread Pizza

I have wanted to make Ratatouille every since seeing the movie with that cute little mouse Remy. Of course if I ever had a mouse trying to cook in my kitchen, you'd find me standing on chair screaming for my husband. There are many version of this french veggie stew around the internet and in cook books and one day I will make the real thing, maybe even someday soon as I still have the ingredients in my fridge. This recipe takes the basic idea of the dish and turns it into a delicious, crispy flat bread pizza. It's a very quick and easy supper. Shockingly enough my super picky two year old even ate it once I said it was pizza. The crust is nothing more then Naan bread which you can find in just about every super market now. It's a thin middle eastern bread which makes the perfect platform to build our pizza on.

What You Need:


2 Naan bread
1/4 c ricotta cheese
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 mozzarella cheese or a pizza blend
1 or 2 small zucchini
1 small eggplant
1 ripe tomato
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp oregano
salt and pepper

What To Do:

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lay out your Naan bread. In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, parmesan and 1/4 c of the mozzarella cheese together with some salt and pepper, the oregano and the finely minced or pasted garlic. Very thinly slice the zucchini, eggplant and tomato, I used my mandolin on the super thin setting. Smear some the cheese mixture equally over the Naan, top with alternating slices of zucchini and eggplant, then put a few slices of tomato on top of that. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top and bake in the lower third of the oven for about 10 minutes. Turn the broil on the place your pizza under it until it's bubbly and brown. Cut into wedges an d serve.

1 comment:

  1. This looks far better than it sounded and it sounded amazing. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner