Monday, May 9, 2011

Pico De Gallo

I need to come clean, I'm having an affair with Pico De Gallo. It's not just a one time fling, no fellow foodies, I am in love. I have been making big batches of Pico once a week and eating it on everything.p Not much hasn't been covered with pico. It's great on grilled chicken, or on top of fish. A perfect companion to tortilla chips and even better on eggs. It's low in calories, and I'm pretty sure there is no fat in it, but it is so full of flavor. It's just a handful of ingredients and very easy to make. Make sure to use ripe tomatoes. I like using vine ripened, but roma tomatoes work well too. Stick with smaller tomatoes and not the big ones as they have a lot of pulp.

What You Need:

2lbs of tomatoes
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic
1 jalapeño, minced
zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped

What To Do:

Quarter the tomatoes and remove the seeds and pulp, then finely dice them or pulse them in a food processor. In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the onion, lime zest and juice, and cilantro. Take a micro-plane and grate in the garlic. If you want it super spicy, leave the seeds in the jalapeño when you mince it, other wise remove the seeds. Stir everything together and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner