Monday, June 7, 2010

Sloppy Joe's

This is no manwich so if that's what your expected you're going to be slightly disappointed and pleasely surprised. I hate processed foods. I try to avoid them at all cost, in other words, meals that come out of a can or out of a box almost never grace my table. That means I need to find new ways to make all the tasty foods that everyday Americans eat. Sloppy Joe's are something from everyone child's hood. I'm sure you fondly think of the mess they used to create when eating them. My mom always ate them opened faced with a fork and knife and now that I'm a 'grown up' I tend to eat them same way. It sucks all the fun out them, I know, but at least my shirts stay clean now!!

What You Need:

1lb ground beef
1 onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28oz) can crushed tomatoes
3 tbs brown sugar
3 tbs Worcestershire sauce
3 tbs red wine vinegar
2 tbs yellow mustard
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
salt and pepper

What To Do:

In a large, deep skillet, sauté the ground beef till cooked. Drain whatever fat may have cooked out. Add in the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook for a couple minutes. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined. Reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for at least 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cook longer depending on how thick you like your sloppy joe's. Serve over hamburger rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner