Friday, June 18, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Chicken


Chicken is a huge staple in this house. My husband isn't as crazy about a nice juicy steak as I am so chicken is the dish of choice. I struggle sometimes to find new ways to prepare it. Chicken is a great protein. It's low in fat, and mild in flavor which means you can do almost anything to it. It can become tough and dry when overcooked, and if not seasoned properly, it's bland and tasteless. Parmesan cheese creates a tasty crust on the chicken and helps to take care of the blandness factor. It also helps to keep the chicken moist during the cooking process. This very basic dish can be served as is or with some tomato sauce and melted cheese on top for a quick Chicken Parmesan dish. You can also cut the chicken into strips and place in on a roll with lettuce, tomato, and the rest of your favorite sandwich ingredients for a tasty Chicken Finger sub. The possibilities are endless!

What You Need:

4 chicken cutlets
1 c flour
salt and pepper
2 eggs
1 tbs water or milk
3/4 c bread crumbs
1 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbs butter
2 tbs olive oil

What To Do:


Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with the water or milk. In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Dredge the each chicken cutlet into the flour, then into the eggs and finally coat into the breadcrumb and cheese.




Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add in 1 tbs of olive oil and 1 tbs of butter. Sauté 2 of the chicken cutlets for a few minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crunchy. Remove from the pan and add the remaining tbs of butter and oil. Sauté the last two cutlets and serve.

1 comment:

  1. This recipes is FANTASTIC! There are no left overs in my house at all. My 11 year old told me that I needed to make this again so it will be put on our meal plan rotation. The only thing I did differently was to cut it into pieces and fry it. Its just easier for me to cut up the chicken prior to cooking for the two little ones than afterwards (when they are pulling on my leg wondering where dinner is). So it became chicken nuggets and I served it with a little bit of spicy mustard that really set it off. Thanks so much Erica!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner