Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beef and Bean Nachos

On a Mexican kick, yet again, I set out to find a good nacho recipe. I found some that used canned nacho cheese sauce, some that made their own cheese sauce, some that chips were on the bottom, some where you dipped the chips in and even some that had so many spices and jalapeños that I'm sure I'm mouth would be on fire for days. I was looking for something simple to make, not to many ingredients and most importantly, something that wouldn't kill my husbands taste buds. He's such a light weight when it comes to heat. Using just plain old taco seasoning, some fresh veggies and colby jack cheese, I made pub style nacho's that I could really sink my teeth into!

What You Need:

1lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 large ripe tomato, diced
1/2 bunch scallions, diced
1/4 c sliced black olives
1 or more jalapeños, sliced (optional)
2 c shredded colby jack cheese
Tortilla chips

What To Do:

Preheat your oven to 350.
In a skillet, brown the beef till no longer pink. Add in the taco seasoning and beans and stir well to combined.
In the bottom of a large pie plate, dump a bunch of chips. Cover with the meat and beans, followed by the tomato, scallions, olives and jalapeños if using. Top everything with the cheese and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and everything is warmed through. I have found that my homemade tortilla chips stand up better, then store bought ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner