Friday, April 1, 2011

Coconut Shrimp


Shrimp is by far my favorite kind of seafood. I love it every way I've ever had it by one of my favorites is coconut shrimp. Sort of sweet, crunch, and just all around good, I bake mine to keep it more on the healthy side. It's pretty easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, that makes it a favorite in my house. I'm sure that once you give it a try it will become a favorite in your house too.

What You Need:

1 lb shrimp
2 egg white
1 c corn flakes
1/4 c panko bread crumbs
1/2 c coconut
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper  

What To Do:

Whip the egg whites together with some salt and pepper, and the garlic powder. You want them nice and frothy. In a food processor, place the corn flakes, panko and coconut and pulse it a few times until you have a nice crumbly coating. Coat the shrimp in the egg whites, and then into your crumb mixture, pressing it onto the shrimp so that it sticks. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and into a preheat 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner