Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Galore!!

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I don't know about you, but I have tons of turkey leftover still! In reality, it took us three nights of Thanksgiving supper to finish up all the leftovers we had. I have a horrible habit of making way to much food. It's not that I don't know how much people eat, or how much I really need to make, I have a problem with making EVERYTHING! My table included an 18lb tukey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with a brown sugar and pecan topping, stuffed mushrooms, stuffed celery, corn, bacon braised Brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie AND pecan pie. Did I mention that this was for three adults and two kids? Oh and I had planned on making even more food but was talked out of it. Like I said, lots of leftovers!

So now that everything is gone but the turkey, it can be hard trying to get it all eaten up. You can always freeze the cooked breast in slices for later use or you can take just about any recipe and use turkey instead of chicken.

You can shred it up and use it to make Tostada's.

You can chopped it up and add it into Soup.  Or even a salad or two.

You can even slice it and make some great sammies.

Still have more then just turkey left over? You can mix your veggies together with leftover gravy and turkey, cover it with biscuits and bake for an easy pot pie, or even cover it with leftover mashed potatoes for a turkey version of shepherds pie.

When you use your imagination, you can find lots of idea on how to get things out of the fridge without feeling like you're eating the same old leftovers AND without throwing them in the trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner