Monday, October 25, 2010

Romanesco



I know what you're probably thinking: "What in the world is that??" That dear friends, is not a mutant veggie from another planet, but Romanesco. This is actually a type of cauliflower and taste very similar to it. Sometimes called broccoflower, it's bright green in color and looks like it could be used as a form of torture! I promise you though, that the pointy "flowers" of Romanesco are very tasty and can be used in any way that cauliflower is used. This is more an informational post for you all, instead of a recipe. All I did, and all you have to do, is break or cut off the points and use them as you see fit. I steamed mine for about 5-8 minutes or until they were tender and sprinkled a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese on top. Romanesco would be good in a veggie stir fry, in cheese sauce or even sauteed with a little olive oil and garlic. I hope you decide to give this wonderful a veggie a try soon! I promise you won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner