Monday, October 11, 2010

Mustard Roast Pork

What You Need:


Pork Loin (3-4lbs boneless)or Pork Roast 
¼ c Dijon mustard
¼ c stone ground mustard
4 tbs room temp butter
Juice and zest from one lemon
2 cloves garlic, pressed
Salt and pepper
3 tbs veg oil

What To Do:

Preheat over to 400. In a small bowl combine the mustards, butter, lemon zest and juice and the pressed garlic until well mixed. Set aside Season the pork with lots of salt and pepper. Set a large skillet over high heat. Once it’s screaming hot add in the veg oil and sear all sides of the pork loin until nicely browned. Remove the pork to a roasting pan and cover with the mustard paste. Bake in the oven 15 per pound. Cook to an internal temp of 125 degrees. This leaves the pork just slightly pink and very juicy. Make sure to let the pork rest, tented with foil, for 10 minutes before serving. This allows the juices to stay in the pork and lets it finish cooking.


What I Liked:I love, love, love, love, love, LOVE me some pork loin!  I'm a picky girl when it comes to the type of meat I will eat.  Don't get me wrong, I love meat, but you'll usually find me picking around the "fatty parts".  With pork loin, you don't have to do this at all.  It's such a lean cut of meat and that makes me a happy girl!  On the down side, it often turns out very dry.  With this recipe, however, I wrapped the strips of loin in foil and then in a deep pan to make sure those juices didn't go running off anywhere.  When we served it, we all ladled a spoon into the drippings and covered up the meat.  It made it PERFECT!  Plus, I'm totally a mustard girl and I loved the tangy-ness!  Side note: Dearest does NOT favor mustard and he went back for THIRDS! 
What I Didn't Like:I really didn't have too many complaints about this dish at all...not that I like to complain.  IF I had to pick something, I would ask for just a little bit more of a punch of flavor.  Maybe stuffing the pork loin with something or injecting it could help spread out the flavor and make it a bit stronger.  Then again, I'm no chef!  Great, great dish, Erica!



Loni (working mom and wife):


Erica sent me a recipe for a mustard pork.  Let me tell you right now.  I am not a mustard girl.  I used pork tenderloin and this was so good.  Even my picky husband who does not also love mustard thought it was good!  We both ate it more than once.  That says something because my husband, Aaron, is not a leftover guy. (I swear we are not that picky of a family!)  The flavors were rich and they went so well with the pork, I was pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner