Saturday, October 2, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower



I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again. I LOVE veggies! All kinds of veggies! My favorite way to make them is roasting them in the oven. The flavor concentrates when you roast veggies. Carrots and tomatoes get sweeter  while cauliflower and broccoli get more intense. The great thing about roasting veggies is that all the nutrients, the good stuff, the reason why we eat our veggies, stays put in the veggie where it belongs. If you look closer in the picture you'll notice that I used a mixture of regular cauliflower and purple cauliflower. The purple taste just the same but the florets tend to be thiner and will roast quicker.

What You Need:

A small head of cauliflower, broken down into florets
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

What To Do:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the florets out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 20 minutes, give them a stir and cook for 20 minutes more or until they’re nice and golden. You can toss in some crushed red pepper before baking or some minced garlic and/or parmesean cheese during the last 10 minutes for even more flavor but it’s really not needed.

Here's what our tasters had to say:


I used broccoli instead of cauliflower because (your probably guessed it!) we're not big cauliflower fans!  And, we loved the recipe!  I chose to add both the Parmesan cheese and the red pepper flakes, which gave it a lot of yummy flavor.  We had this with as a side with an Italian dish and the flavor of the roasted vegetables and cheese worked together so well with the meal.  I asked my boyfriend to rate this recipe on a 1 to 10 scale (10 being the best) and he said, "Oh!  It's a 10.  Hands down!"  He loved it!


Christi (wife and mom of 3):


This recipe is easy and tasty.  This gives you a cooked cauliflower yet crunchy instead of smooshy like a lot of other methods of cooking.  I added some garlic while roasting and some freshly grated parmesan cheese after it came out of the oven.  This makes an excellent side dish for any meal!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner