Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Grilled Veggies

The weather was go beautiful last week that I think I used my out door grill every day. I love grilling season! Everything just seems to taste so much better when cooked over a fire, especially veggies! Zucchini, yellow squash, onions, green peppers, asparagus, eggplant, even tomatoes can be done on a grill. It's so easy that I know you'll be trying it soon. What's great about cooking them on the grill is they become so flavorful and can eaten as a side dish, chopped up and mixed in with some pasta or even used as a main dish.

What You Need:

Veggies of your choice such as:
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Onions
Peppers
Mushrooms
Asparagus
Cherry Tomatoes
Eggplant
Fennel
ETC.

A bottle of your favorite Italian dressing.

What To Do:

Depending on the size of the veggie depends on how I cut or slice them. If I have smaller summer squash then I will slices them long ways instead of in rounds. Onions I cut into thick slices. Depending on the size of the mushroom I'll either leave them whole or cut them in half. Button mushrooms and portabella caps works best for grilling. Just use your judgement. You don't want the veggies to fall through the grates.
Drizzle Italian dressing over both sides of the veggies. This not only gives them some more flavor but the oil in the dressing will help prevent sticking to your grill.
Cook the veggies over medium to high grill heat, basting with more dressing if needed, turning over once. Veggies like onions, peppers and mushrooms will take longer then the softer squashes and tomatoes take almost no time at all. When cooking the tomatoes, I suggest putting them on a skewer just to make them easier to turn and remove from the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner