Friday, February 12, 2010

Slow Cooker Spare Ribs


My husband and I love the spicy sweetness that is ribs. I make baby back rib often in the summer months out on our bbq grill but it's just to darn cold to do much grilling in the winter. This recipe uses country style ribs which are are very thick but also really cheap. You can also use spare ribs if you can't find the country style. I don't recommend using baby backs as they tend to be expensive and deserved to be done outside on a grill. This dish takes just a few minutes to put together before work in the morning and when you get home your house will be filled with the delicious smells of some great bbq ribs!!



What You Need:

1 rack of spare ribs or a couple pounds of country style ribs
Your favorite steak or bbq seasoning
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (I love cattlemens)
2 tbs cider vinegar
2 tbs honey
1/4 brown sugar







What To Do:

If using spare ribs, cut them into 2 rib sections. Season the meat generously with steak or bbq seasoning. I use one that has brown sugar, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and a few other spices. I do not recommend using season salt because it is mostly salt and will yield a salty product. Once they are seasoned place them in the bottom of your crock-pot/slow cooker. In a bowl combine the bottle of the bbq sauce, use the cider vinegar to rinse the bottle out and get all of the sauce, the honey and the brown sugar. Pour over the ribs. Turn the slow cooker onto low and let cook for about 8 hours for some delicious saucy ribs, any time of the year.


H A P P Y  C O O K I N G !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner