Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Farfalle (bowtie) Pasta Salad

My daughter has troubles with foods that are high in acid, such as tomatoes. It's hard finding things for her to eat sometimes as we are a big pasta family. One week grocery shopping, I came across a jar of this green stuff with a layer of oil on top. It was basil pesto. Pesto was something I had never had growing up. My dad was very much a meat and potatoes man and "strange" or different things never really graced our table. So now in my adult, married with children life, I have vowed to try to new things. Pesto was one of the first things I tried. Originally I bought the jar so that my daughter could have something else on her pasta. Then of course I had to experiment with other dishes as well. Once a month my husband and I would try a different cheese and around the same time I bought the pesto, I bought some feta cheese. Feta has a tangy flavor and I felt it would go great with the flavors of the basil and garlic that pesto is made with. I cooked some pasta and while it was still nice and hot, I stirred in the pesto. The pasta soaked up all the flavors and was absolutely delicious! This pasta salad has become one that I make often, especially in the summer time when I do a lot of grilling. It takes minutes to make too which is another reason I love it.


What you need:
1lb box bowtie (farfalle) pasta
1/2  c basil pesto
1/2 feta cheese, crumbled
3 or 4 scallions, thinly sliced
1 pint of cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half


What to do:
Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, according to the package directions.  Drain and while it's still hot stir in the pesto until the pasta is coated. Then stir in the feta cheese, scallions and tomatoes. Refrigerate until cold. You can serve it with just about anything!






H A P P Y  C O O K I N G !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner