Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon

I have to say that Julia Child has to be the original goddess of cooking. She was an incredible woman both in the kitchen and in her life. French cooking has slowly become a favorite of mine. The only issue I have with it is that sometimes it can take forever to make something simple! Beouf Bourguignon is just such a dish. It took me about an hour to cook everything before it went into the oven for two and half hours. Was the payoff worth it? I think so. The meat was incredibly tender and so flavorful. I don't think I would recommend this as a week night meal. It is something you want to do on the weekends or when your having some guests over that you want to wow with a fancy meal. I decided that I wasn't going to type out this recipe, but instead give you the page directly from Julia Child herself. It's very easy to follow and I have included some pictures for you so you can see what she's talking about. I should note that I did skip a step or two. When it comes to the bacon, all I did was slice it up and fry it. I have included how to make the mushrooms and the onions at the end of the post so make sure you look for that too (just click on the words for the links). Well then, without anything futher from me, I present to you, Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon!

Julia Child's Beouf Bourguignon from Mastering the Art of French Cooking




Browning the beef








Beef Browned








Ready for the oven






















H A P P Y  C O O K I N G !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner