Monday, April 19, 2010

Fried Pickles

I am a subscriber to Food Network Magazine. I love all the recipes and information contained in each one. There is a recipe index in the beginning so finding a recipe you saw in the magazine is easily found again. Not to mention there is a picture of each recipe too.
In May's addition not only did I find some wonderful desserts and great pancake recipes but I found a little blurb that mentioned a recipe for fried pickles. Yes, I said friend PICKLES!! Now being pregnant I instantly gravitated towards this recipe. It's not that I haven't heard about this before because I"m sure some where among the fair and carnival eat's of fried Oreo's (which are amazing!) and fried candy bars I'm sure I've seen fried pickles. This recipe actually looks like it would work great for fried green tomatoes too! So straight from the Food Network Magazine and FoodNetwork.com I give you: Fried Pickles!!!

***Photograph by Antonis Achilleos

Beat 1 egg, 3/4 cup milk and a pinch ofcayenne
Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in a shallow dish. 
In another dish, mix 1/2 cup eachcornstarch and cornmeal with 2 tablespoons chopped dill, 2 teaspoons paprika, and salt and pepper
Dip about 3 dozen cold pickle slices in the plain cornstarch, then the egg wash, then the cornmeal mixture. 
Fry in 2 inches of 375 degrees F canola oil until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve with ranch dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner