Friday, January 22, 2010

Buffalo Potato Skins

In a town called Portville, in the state of New York sits a maple farm named Spragues. They are nestled on a beautiful hillside among hundreds of sugar maple trees. They tap their trees every spring and make some really delicious maple syrup. Spragues also has an incredible restaurant. When you walk in the front door you see all the equipment just waiting for the maple sap. Walk a little further and you come to this huge open area with gorgeous wood floors, booths and paneling.  Look up and you'll see these huge chandeliers made from what I can only assume are caribou antlers. The first time you venture into Spragues won't be your last I can promise you that! From their pancakes infused with maple syrup and ranging from blueberry to buckwheat, to their very tasty lunch and dinner selections, there is something for everyone. I have been there several times and have always had breakfast. It's my favorite meal. However one time we decided to try lunch. On their appetizer menu was something called Buffalo Potato Skins. They sounded so good that my husband and I had to try it. When I was back home, I was thinking of something different to make one night and these potatoes crossed my mind. I decided to take some potato wedges and fry them until they were golden brown and crispy, cover them in wing sauce and cheddar cheese and well lets just say I gobbled them up! So here is my version, which would be perfect to serve up during the upcoming super bowl!

What You Need:
1 large russet potatoe per person or a large bag of frozen potato wedges
Salt
Garlic Powder
Your favorite buffalo wing sauce
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour cream, blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing for dipping
Oil for frying

What To Do:
If your using frozen potato wedges, place in hot oil and cook until they are golden brown and crispy. To use russet potatoes, pre-cook them in the microwave or oven first until the are mostly cooked through but still a little hard. Slice them into wedges once cooled and cook in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy.

Remove crispy potatoes to paper towel to drain and season with a good healthly pinch of both salt and garlic.
Place a bowl and pour just a little wing sauce on top. Toss them to coat, adding more sauce if needed.
Place onto a serving plate and cover with cheddar cheese. Place them in a hot oven to just melt the cheese or into the microwave for a few seconds to melt it. Serve with sour cream, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing for dipping along side.



H A P P Y  C O O K I N G !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner