Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Anti-Pasta Salad

There used to be this little pizzeria type place in the town where I worked. They made this incredible salad with salami, pepperoni, cheeses and lots of yummy stuff. When I was pregnant with my first daughter I would eat one at least twice a week. My favorite part were these little garlic toasts that they would serve with them. I'm still working on how to make those garlic toast but now that I'm pregnant again this salad has become my favorite thing to eat.

Antipasta Salad


15-16oz mixed salad greens or any type of greens you like
1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, diced
1/4 lb of ham or turkey breast (from the deli counter)
1/8 lb sliced sandwhich pepperoni or 1/4 regular pepperoni
1/8 lb sliced Genoa (hard) salami
1/4 lb provolone cheese
1/2lb shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small can of sliced black olives
4 peperochini's (pickled hot peppers, optional)
Zesty Italian or Oil/Vinegar dressing

In a large platter layer the salad greens, tomatoes and onions. Slice the deli meats and cheese into 1/4 inch strips and layer on top. Cover the whole thing with the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with the olives. Place the peperochini's on top if desired and serve with the dressing. This should be plenty to serve as a meal for 2 or 3 people or along side a meal for at least 4 people.

H A P P Y  C O O K I N G !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner