Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Something Old and Something New

The something new is going to be the inclusion of freezer and make ahead recipes. The something old is revisions on some of the older recipes. I've decided to do this for a few reasons. The first is that, thanks to Pinterest, I've become an organizing freak. I always stayed organized for the most part but once I found ways to create a menu plan for an entire year, I dove head first into it. Another reason is that I've become addicted to double and triple batching things to save for a later date, only to forget about them. I have always loved pulling something from the freezer on nights that I really don't feel like cooking. This saves my family money because then we're ordering out and partaking of food that really isn't all that good for us.
The last reason is because I need some time to get the blog itself organized. It was brought to my attention that most my links in the index were coming up as errors. It seems like each time I updated the list, it lost all the links from the previous updates. This was upsetting to say the least. I have well over 200 recipes here and well, I need to do the entire list again! I also need to get recipes typed up, pictures cropped and edited since I don't have the greatest camera or lighting and the list continues. I'm not saying that I won't post any new recipes at all. What I am saying is that during the next few weeks, you might only get one completely new recipe a week, but you'll also get a couple revisions.
So that is the plan for now. I'm not sure how long this will last, but I'm guess for at least the next month or two. I hope to have every thing completed and ready to roll by the first of the year. I know that seems a ways off but it really is closer then you think! For now, check the Facebook page and twitter for links to the updated recipes as I will always let you know when I do one. In fact, I've done two for you already. Check out the left side of the page and you're notice two new categories. One says freezer/make ahead meals and the other says revisions. If you click on revisions it will bring up all the posts that I have revised to date. Right now it contains freezer/make head recipe for my No Fail Cream Corn and an alternate way to make your own Tortilla Chips. Just check out the bottom of those posts for the info!
As always I wish you all Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about this recipe! Please leave a comment and make sure to include you email so that I can reply to you!

 
HostGator Promotion Code
x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner